
...well, sorta. Jay and I drove to Buffalo today to sign our papers. It was an emotional day for both of us but in the end, not only are we so excited to meet our son tomorrow, but I fell more in love with my husband today. As most of you know, Jay's a quiet guy. But today he spoke from his heart and it was so wonderful to hear! Alex is gonna have the best Daddy!
We will leave for Long Island around 4am tomorrow morning...YIKES! We better get to bed. We are already way behind in sleep. We plan to arrive at our hotel around noon. Then K will be signing the surrender papers at 1pm and we will arrive at the hospital at 2pm to meet our son and K. I know it is going to be an emotional day for everyone!
We are only staying over one night in LI and will be home sometime Saturday evening. Not sure when we will be able to update this blog next. It may not be until Sunday.
Say lots of prayers for us!






10 comments:
Have a good trip and I can't wait to see a photo of your new family.
Congrats again! I bet this all seems so surreal. Enjoy it! I can't wait to see more pics of your precious little AJ!
I'm so excited for you. I don't think I could sleep myself. Only 2 hours more before you make the journey. Remember the moments as they come. It will be the best time of your lives. Claire
I heard the news through the grapevine...COngrats...he is beautiful! It is amazing how the love for our husbands get stronger once our children arrive! Welcome to parenthood...enjoy the ride!!!
Thinking of you today!
Praying for a safe trip and that everything goes smoothly!!
When i read this blog it was 1:30 pm eastern time and was just thinking about how you guys must be feeling. I remember, when my Birthmom was signing we were in another room and i couldn't stop crying. tears of joys and tears of everything else. I have prayed all day for you guys, can't stop thinking about you, jay and the baby. I guess it just reminds me of "our day" just 5 months ago.
Can't wait for Sundays post
LIS
It is now 3pm and I am going crazy with excitement. Hoping all went well. Looking forward to the next update.
I'm so excited for you and DH!!! I hope everything went well today and you are holding your son right now. I can't wait for the updates!
Alison, I am so very happy for you and Jay. I was just in tears when I read the news. I hope all went well and I am so looking forward to seeing pics of your new family. God bless your wonderful birth mom for recognizing what amazing parents you are and all the love and happiness that little AJ will have. God bless you all! - Diane
Post a Comment