You break my heart with tenderness,
And I confess it's true-
I never knew a love like this
til you!

Please visit our newest blog about our journey to our next baby at http://wewant2adopt2.blogspot.com

Feel free to email us at:  wewant2adopt@yahoo.com

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us!"

Sunday, October 26, 2008

15 weeks

Some of you may have noticed the quote I recently added towards the top of our blog. It is from a Celine Dion song called "Miracle". A friend of mine gave me her CD entitled the same after we brought Alex home. The first time I heard the song, I cried. It has so many beautiful lines in it that I can relate to and makes me think of how I feel about Alex. First,:

"You break my heart with tenderness" so perfectly describes how I feel everytime I look into Alex's eyes...everytime he smiles at me, or even just gazes in my direction, or when he's sleeping so sweetly. He breaks my heart with tenderness. I just love him so much. Which leads to the next part of the verse:

"I never knew a love like this til you". I always imagined what it would be like to be a Mommy. I knew I would love my child, but there was no way for me to imagine just how much I would love. I never knew I could love this much. Don't get me wrong, I love Jay and my family and friends, and Buddy, of course. It's just a different kind of love. Alex has filled my heart with a kind of love I never knew was possible, a kind of love that fills me up with so much joy, so much fulfillment, so much goodness...it is indescribable really. We are so blessed!

2 comments:

Sue said...

It's true.

Rebecca said...

I know exactly what you mean. I don't take one single day for granted.