You break my heart with tenderness,
And I confess it's true-
I never knew a love like this
til you!

Please visit our newest blog about our journey to our next baby at http://wewant2adopt2.blogspot.com

Feel free to email us at:  wewant2adopt@yahoo.com

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us!"

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What do we call him?

OK. We have been getting asked one question a lot by family and friends..."what do we/you call him? Alexander, Alex, AJ or what?"

Jason and I chose his name partly b/c we liked the different options. We call him both Alex and AJ, sometimes even Alex Jay or any of the many nicknames we have given him.

We realize that people do not wanna offend by calling him a name we have not "okay-ed", so we appreciate the question. However, we want people to call him whatever you personally feel comfortable with...if you see him as more of an Alex, or an AJ, or Alexander...they are all fine.

I know when we introduce him to people for the first time, we usually either say his full name, Alexander Jay Eric, or just Alex. But Jay and I really alternate between Alex and AJ pretty equally when we are talking to him or about him. My grandma prefers AJ, an aunt prefers Alexander, my dad prefers Alex...they are all fine!

Please feel free to call him or refer to him by whatever feels most comfortable for you. We are sure that as he gets older, certain names or nicknames will stand out more, but for now you chose for yourselves!

Hope that helps clear things up a bit :-)

Alex is now 8 weeks old. Hwill be 2 months on this Saturday 9/13/08. Here are his 8week old pictures taken on Sunday 9/7/08. Helooks like a little rugby player in the middle picture!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the first one, he is such a little nugget! TJ says hi to AJ.

Life with my BOYS! said...

precious, simply precious!!!!