
Work for me on Monday was ok. I cried on the way there. Once I got to work Jay and I visited the daycare since Jay had never seen it before. We also dropped off some crib sheets, formula and nursery water for Alex. The daycare staff were all really nice and welcoming. They already have a bin with his name on it, a crib assigned to him and his name hanging form the ceiling. He will be the youngest baby in the infant room, but over the next couple of months 2 new babies will be joining him there.
As for work, the day went by pretty quickly. I had a lot to do and about 1000 emails to sort through. But it was so draining being there. I did not stop thinking about my lil guy all day and couldn't wait to get home to him to hold him and kiss him and tell him how much I missed him. But that first day back was exhausting. And I can not even imagine having to do that 5 days/week starting soon! UGH! Somehow, some way I will do it and it'll be ok. Right?
A few days ago K contacted us. We were surprised to receive a few text messages from her but we were so happy to hear from her. She wanted to let us know that she has been receiving our letters and pictures of Alex and how thankful she is to us for loving and parenting Alex. She also sent us a picture of Alex's birthdad so we can show him what he looks like some day. Hearing from K put some of our uneasiness about the upcoming finalization proceedings to rest some. Just knowing that she is happy with her decision and knows that we totally love Alex is comforting. We think about K every day and pray that she is healing and happy.
Yesterday AJ went to his first wedding. Friends of ours got married after dating for 9 years! Alex went with us to the church for the ceremony. It was a wonderful ceremony and AJ behaved the entire time. It was the first time Alex wore an outfit that did not include any sort of 100% cotton pants/shorts! Here are some pics of us all:



Nana and Papa came over to babysit Alex while Jay and I went to the wedding reception. It was so nice to see my friends and catch up with them. It was our first real night out on the town with out AJ though and I missed him. I wanted to call home to check in on him but I didn't let myself. Then while the groom was dancing with his mother Jay leaned over and said to me "You know, someday you're gonna be dancing with Alex at his wedding". Man, my eyes teared all up! I can't even imagine him as a 1 year old let along a grown man on his wedding day! And I can't imagine how much I will love him because every day my heart seems to grow bigger and bigger and fill up with more and more love. I hope and pray that he will love me just as much and that he will cherish that moment on the dance floor the way that the groom seemed to last night.
Today I was not at home all that much. I got together with a friend who is having a hard time, went to the gym and did some errands. When I got home, I had to prepare more for the presentation I have to do at work tomorrow. And of course, update this blog. Jay on the other hand was the most awesome Dad today. He took care of Alex all day and did a great job! I can't wait to post this so that I can go downstairs and feed and cuddle with my baby!
With that said, no actual 11 week old pics today. But the ones from the wedding were from yesterday so close enough ;-)






5 comments:
Reading your story just fills me with so much hope :) You guys sound so so happy.
Such a cutie pie!
You'll figue out how to juggle it all. You're a mom. And moms always figure things out. At least that's what my Alex says.
I know what you mean about the wedding dance. There is something to be said about a momma and her boy!
He looks so handsome! I can't believe how much he's grown in the last few weeks. This blog fills me with hope that we will find our star someday. Thanks!
ADORABLE!!
You guys could be in magazines!
ERIN :)
Hi Alison,
I love these pictures of Alex. I wish I would've taken some times to photograph with him - he's so darn cute! I have to come over soon and meet this little guy. Love you guys and I'm glad you had a great time at the wedding.
Love ya!
Jessica Owens (formerly Vega)
Post a Comment