I know I haven't been good about posting pictures/updates lately - life has been crazy busy! I was planning on posting tomorrow since AJ will be 8 months old tomrorow. BUT I have some GREAT news I wanted to share...
WE HAVE A FINALIZATION DATE!
It's May 14, 2009 at 9am. Still 2 months away but it'll be here before we know it!
I am actually sorta surprised at how giddy and excited I am about getting this date. AJ has felt like our son since that day I had the Mama Bear roar in me while he was still in the hospital and the nurses wouldn't give me any info. We know he is our son, that he was always meant to be our son, so "finalizing" that really is just another logistical step. But it is more than that. Even though we know he is our son, it isn't until finalization that much of the rest of the world recognizes him as ours. We will finally get his birth certificate and social security number, and more importantly we will have the security of knowing that no matter what happens, nothing and no one can take him from us EVER!
We will be inviting our family to be there to witness the finalization, and we are so excited that Jay's dad and step-mom will actually be in town that week as well. Also, May 14 is right around Mother's Day AND it is the birthday of my paternal grandmother, with whom I had a special relationship with. We plan on taking pictures as well as video and will treasure that day forever. Can you just hear the excitement in my words????
YAY for us!
"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us!"
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
Very good news!!!
As much as I have been waiting for new pictures - this is even better :o) So glad to hear your news!
That's fabulous news!
WONDERFUL news!!!! Congratulations!!!! :o)
Outstanding news! We are so happy for you all!
I know just how you feel. April 8 can't get here fast enough! So happy you have your date.
Congrats!!!! What exciting news!
Post a Comment